Sunday, May 4, 2008

Life with boys...

is never boring. Friday I held my open house for CTMH and the boys decided that since Mommy was busy, they could get away with anything they want. Most was typical: being loud, pulling out their toys, etc. However, the kicker happened just as my open house was winding down (or maybe people just had to get out of there when they realized what was going on). All of a sudden, I hear my friend Brandy exclaim, "Boys! I know you aren't supposed to be doing that!" I rush in to find every inch of my kitchen dripping. They had been taking FULL cups of water and throwing them in the air. Even the ceiling was dripping. As any great mom would do I sent them to their rooms (remember I have about 5 guests here at the time) and speed dial Mike crying, "please tell me you are almost home!" Luckily, he was and he brought in the shop vac to clean up. Ugh! Life with boys is never boring. And no, I didn't take any pictures, but here's a few fun ones!




Cowboy Brendan. My open house was a western theme, so I'd brought the hat and boots out for decoration. Brendan instantly latched onto the boots. Believe it or not, they were actually MINE when I was little. My mom had given them to me a while back, but Austin had no interest. Now Brendan can't decide if he wants a cowboy birthday or a Cars birthday. Guess we'd better decide ASAP. By the way, his party will be on Saturday, May 31st--the weekend after Memorial Day.




Yesterday Mike spent the day cleaning out the garage. The boys were helping him. Austin had gotten Brendan all wet, so he came in changed. This is what he thought was an appropriate outfit. No, he wasn't actually riding a bike or skateboard, the helmet was just for looks.




Then apparently, that wasn't good enough so we had to add the goggles too.


And here's Austin because I don't want him left out :)



No comments: