Thursday, May 29, 2008

7 days and counting

*I copied this off my other blog, so if you read both, sorry for the duplicate*

I still don't think we'll get it all done, but I wanted to pop in with an update. I think things are getting to me. I have to tell this story. Last night I was making dinner and I asked Austin whether we should have corn or mixed veggies. He looked at me with a look that can only be described as pure teenager (even though he's six) and said, "Why don't we have the corn in the fridge that you bought last week" I said, "Thanks Austin, I forgot we had that corn on the cob--great idea." He then said, "Mommy, I don't think your brain is very big when it comes to remembering things." I about lost it. That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while. And yes, with this move, I'm sure I'm losing some brain power--LOL.


It's been a busy week. Starting last Saturday, we had a bust of a yard sale, but did get rid of a lot of stuff (mostly free--lol). While we were doing the sale, we had a load of rock delivered for the front yard. Here's the boys helping Daddy move the rock :)


Tuesday night we went to the Mavericks game (local minor league team). Austin was given an "Outstanding Student" award at the game. He was so cute. He got to go down on the field and say "I am Austin from Mesquite Trails". I was so proud of him.



It was so cold, we ended up leaving in the 4th inning, which Austin was NOT happy about. He kept trying to get us to buy him a snow cone, crazy kid. I might have if it wasn't so darn cold and he hadn't already had a drink, hot dog and popcorn.


Yesterday my BABY turned three! I can't believe he's getting so big. We spent all day running around ordering and buying stuff for Saturday's party. He had a hard time wrapping his mind around that. He kept telling me, "But today is my birthday". So he ended up with a balloon and cupcakes. As you can see, he thoroughly enjoyed the cupcake.



For those of you local, we will see you on Saturday. For the rest of you, hope to see you soon. At least in July if not before then on the Mosteller side :)

No comments: